The Easter weekend has been and gone. A beautifully hot and sunny long weekend, and I was at working for all of it. Tuesday comes, and with everyone else reluctantly heading back to work, my days off started…. and the heavens opened. Typical!! However, there was a little sunshine (#sorrynotsorry) in my day, thanks to @Jessling1205, who nominated me for the Sunshine Blogger Award, check out her blog here.
The Sunshine Blogger Award is given to blogger by bloggers, in recognition for inspiring positivity and creativity within the blogging community. Considering April is only my fourth full month blogging, I am absolutely honoured to have been nominated for this.
- Write a post about your nomination and the award.
- Thank the blogger that nominated you and link to their blog.
- Display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo.
- List the rules within your blog post.
- Answer the eleven questions given to you by the blogger who nominated you in your post.
- Nominate eleven other bloggers and give them eleven questions to answer.
1. How do you spend your free time? Not surprisingly, most of my free time is spent with Mark binge-watching boxsets on the sofa with our cat Luna, or catching the latest films at the cinema.
2. What are your three favourite books and why? All the HP books need to be in there, I’ve read them all probably once a year since the very beginning. I also love The Time Traveler’s Wife by Audrey Niffenegger, it’s a great story and the layout of the plot is intriguing and unique. Lastly, I think I would have to say Cat by Freya North. This was the book that symbolised my progression from YA to more mature reading material.
3. What are you most afraid of? I absolutely hate spiders. A bit cliché, I know, but they are bloody horrible. Too many eyes, too many legs.
4. What is your strongest personal quality? I find it quite difficult to say what my strong qualities are, so I asked Mark to answer this one for me and apparently, I can be pretty feisty.
5. If you could witness any event of the past, present or future, what would it be? This was a difficult one because there are so many amazing moments in history but I think I would have to go for Andy Murray’s first Wimbledon win. I was working that day and missed it.
6. What job do you think you’d be really good at? A Personal Assistant. In the office, I am known as the organised one and it has become something of a running joke.
7. What game or movie universe would you most like to live in? Another difficult one but it would probably have to be Middle Earth (Lord of the Rings).
8. Are you usually early or late? Early, lateness is rude.
9. What do you wish you knew more about? Anything computer/internet related would come in handy but I think it would have to be languages.
10. What is your best childhood memory? Rather than a single memory, I think it would have to be a collection of our holidays, typically in the UK. There was something special about long days at the beach, swimming in the sea and getting muddy climbing trees.
11. What do you feel most proud of? I am so proud of Mark, who has been battling with anxiety, depression and OCD for a while now, but has come through the worst and is now starting to enjoy life again.
My Questions & Nominations
Here’s the questions for my nominees…
1.Who is your guilty/embarrassing celebrity crush?
2. If you could watch any movie again, for the first time, what would it be and why?
3. What was your least favourite school subject and why?
4. Tea or Coffee?
5. What would your superhero power be?
6. What have you always wanted to try but have never found the courage to do?
7. What famous figure would love to slap and why?
8. If time travel was real, what one moment in history would you want to change?
9. What’s the best accompaniment for pudding: Ice-cream, cream or custard?
10. In the movie of your life, who would you like to play you?
11. What advice would you give to 10 year old you?
And my nominations are below, don’t forget to check out their blogs.