April 2019 was only my fourth full month of blogging and I was so thrilled to be nominated for the Sunshine Blogger Award not once but twice!! This time I was nominated by @jofalltradesb, make sure you check out her brilliant blog here.
In case you missed my first post, the Sunshine Blogger Award is a peer recognition award given to bloggers, by bloggers, for inspiring positivity and creativity within the blogging community. So as you can probably imagine, this is a huge honour and goes a long way to helping me feel like a ‘real’ blogger!
So first off, the rules..
- Write a post about your nomination and the award.
- Thank the blogger that nominated you and link to their blog.
- Display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo.
- List the rules within your blog post.
- Answer the eleven questions given to you by the blogger who nominated you in your post.
- Nominate eleven other bloggers and give them eleven questions to answer.
Now the fun bit, the questions…
1.Why did you start blogging? Me and Mark go to the cinema A LOT, and a work colleague suggested that I start a blog reviewing all the films that I watch, and the idea just kind of stuck. It took me a while (10 months!) but I eventually plucked up the courage to put my thoughts out there.
2.What is your favourite blog post you’ve written and why? This is such a difficult question. I love them all for different reasons but I think my review of Polar, mainly because a lot of the reviews I had seen were quite negative so it was great to spread a little positivity.
3.Do you have a post that you hesitated hitting publish on? Yes, most of them! I am never 100% happy with my posts, I’m a bit of a perfectionist and I always compare myself to others. But I know that if I hesitate once, I’ll never post anything, so once I’m happy-ish with a post I publish it.
4.Savoury or sweet? Give an example of the perfect snack. Usually savoury, at the moment I’m a bit in love with chilli crackers and caramelised onion hummus.
5. What is your blogging/post schedule? I don’t really have one, I just post when I’ve finished writing my review. Although, my themed posts do have rough deadlines, i.e. Christmas, Valentine’s Day etc.
6. What is your favourite social media platform and why? I’ve always been a Facebook girl but since I’ve been blogging, Twitter has been my go-to. The blogging community on Twitter are so supportive and fun.
7. Is there anything you wish you knew before you started your blog, besides the tech stuff? A bit of a cliché but I wish I had known that I could do it and would enjoy it. I missed out on writing so many good reviews because I wasn’t confident enough to just jump in.
8. What is the most valuable thing you’ve learnt from blogging? Same answer as question as 7 really 🙂
9. Did your friends and family give you their support when you started your blog? Until my blog went live with a couple of posts, no one except my fiancé, Mark, knew that I was starting it. He’s my rock, and he reads over all my posts before I publish them.
10. Have you ever been nominated for and/or won other blogging awards? No but considering I’ve only been blogging for 4 full months, I was genuinely surprised to receive my nominations for this one.
11. Are you, so far, proud and satisfied with your blog’s progress? for the most part, yes. Although I do wish I had persevered more in the beginning. There were four reviews that I’ve scrapped because I felt that they were taking too long to write and I wasn’t sure what I wanted to say.
Thanks again to @jofalltradesb for the nomination. For my nominations and questions, then check out my other post here.